Web soil survey is survey of soil which provides data of soil and the information produced about soil by the national corporative soil survey. Web soil survey is operated by NRCS that is Natural Resource Conservation Service. This type of soil survey provides all type of information about soil to the natural information system in the world.
Natural Resource Conservation Service contains soil maps as well as online data available which is use by 95 percent and more nation’s countries. And aim for the 100 percent countries in the future.
In soil survey general farm, wider and local area planning can be used. In web soil survey soil is classify into various soil types. In soil survey it is to be check that properties of soil that are physical properties, mechanical properties, engineering properties, etc. also check out the strength of soil.
Then soil will categories into different forms according to its size, strength, properties, its uses, etc. Soil survey is done by taking samples of soils from field otherwise by using remote sensing. Aerial photography is used in remote sensing.
Objectives of web soil survey are as follows
For the mapping and study of soils web soil survey is used. Web soil survey is doing for the classification of soil with respect to its properties. Soil will be correlate with soils of different areas. For agriculture purpose also soil survey is done. Which type of farming is suitable for the particular soil is identify. Suitability of soil for particular crop identify by doing web soil survey.
By the soil mapping the difference between type of soil in different areas can be shown. Which type of soil is present in more quantity and type of soil present in less quantity will be identify by using web soil survey.
In construction industries also soil in more quantity will be used. So for construction purpose also web soil survey is preferred. Soil occurs naturally as it is natural resource so that for the use of soil in various fields web soil survey is necessary.
Requirements of web soil survey are as follows
- Supported web browsers for the web soil survey
- Screen size: for the web soil survey screen sixe should be 1024 X 768 pixels or more than it. The software will be testing and correctly works at having size of screens as small as 800 X 600 pixels, but disadvantage of small screen is you have to scroll more on the screen.
- Display Resolution: for the web soil survey the optimal resolution of screen is 1024 X 768 pixels.
- Java script: for run the web soil survey java script is necessary. If java script is not present in your browser then your application will not work. If java script is disable from your browser then it will shows the error.
- Cookies: web soil survey can maintain the session between your browser and the server. It is known as session cookies which are able to the site of web soil survey. For the current session of your web browser they maintain only the memory of your browser.
So that they are saved only in your browser memory and do not written in your system history. If session cookies are not able, then your session will end your application with the massage that is session cookies are unable.
Components uses for the web soil survey are as follows
- You have to overview briefly on how to use the survey for the web soil survey.
- It consist the general; soil map for the comparison of the sustainability of the large sections.
- The map of specific soil series in detail with indexed and outlined.
- The section basis on management and use of the soils.
- Tables which are describing the environment as well as considering physical features of the county.
- Tables which contain stability of land use based on standards set by Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Basic steps use for the web soil survey are as follows
First of all choose any area on which you have to do survey it is also called as area of interest. For the area of interest that you have chosen polygon or rectangle tool may be used.
After choosing area of interest click on the soil map tab to show the map or to print the map and then you have to access detailed description of the soils.
After that you have to click on soil data explorer tab for the accessing soil data of your selected area. And then for the particular uses soil you have to determine the suitability of soil. After that you have to save reports and maps and must add to shopping cart.
For getting print of your report immediately use shopping cart. First download that report and take a print.
Types of web soil survey are as follows
- Detailed survey: in this type of survey soil boundaries are plotted first on the map by taking observations of the sample which can taken by surveyed area. In this type of geographical distribution is also taken into account.
Detailed type surveys are important because it provides all necessary information for the land use planning. Management of land use planning and formulating extension program as well as agricultural research.
- Reconnaissance survey: in this type of survey by taking observations that are made in intervals, soil boundaries will be plotted.
- Detailed reconnaissance survey: in this type of survey by using detailed method the part of surveyed area is to be plotted and will remind by reconnaissance method. In the mapping of soil either good photographs are made or the aerial photographs are taken. For the mapping of cultivated areas, scale will used from the four inches to the miles.
From above information we conclude that web soil survey is necessary for the getting information about various types of soil available in the various places and also their uses are found.